Yes, another diy remake of a popular fast food product. A healthy milkshake.
Who can say no to healthy milkshakes?!
As a college student, smoothies and shakes are such a great on-the-go quick option, and require only ingredients I always have on hand anyways! But because I have them a lot, whether for breakfast, as a post workout drink, or for dessert at night, I like to switch it up and create unique flavors!
Not to mention, it’s a great source of protein because I always add a scoop of my favorite, all-natural protein powder from About Time Protein. I always got stomach aches from protein powders, but then I realized it was because there were so many artificial ingredients in the ones I was using, and ingredients I didn’t even recognize or could pronounce! But then I found About Time, and I use it all the time. I have they’re Whey flavors, Casein, and even their new Zzz Casein that is made with natural sleep aids like melatonin and tryptophan. It has made all the difference in my sleeping at night 🙂
(Want to buy the protein? Use my promo code on their website here and get 25% off! Code: “FFF1” )
But ANYWAYS, back to the point. I tend to go on tangents when I really like something. Oops.
But this, this is what this post is about. Boy was it delicious.
Thick and satisfying like a milkshake, yet healthy and packed with protein..enough so to be a post workout drink!
And guess what?! I have have TWO recipes for you today. Do you want to know how to make protein packed chocolate chips?! Quest Bars is the trick! In this Mocha Chip Cheesecake “Milkshake”, I cut pieces of a Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Protein Bar ( my FAVORITE flavor), baked for 5 minutes at 250 degrees, and let cool. Wala! Chocolate chunks that are healthy!!
Mmmm. The flavors of coffee, chocolate, and cheesecake..all in one creamy yet nutritious drink!
What more could you ask for?
Oh, did I mention how it measure up to Sonic’s Cheesecake Milkshake?!
You can thank me in advance for such a healthier version of something so delicious 🙂
MINE VS. Sonic Cheesecake Milkshake
Calories: 295.7 Calories: 710
Total Fat: 5.7 g Fat: 30 g
Total Carbs: 40.8 g Carbs: 102 g
Fiber: 15.8 g Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 12.1 g Sugar: 66g
Protein: 34.7 g Protein: 9g
Yes, the is less than half the calories, 1/6 of the fat, less than 1/2 of the carbs, 1/5 of the sugar…AND over 3x more protein and 15x the amount of fiber!!!!! Reminds me of my last Cookie Dough Blizzard creation 🙂
What are you waiting for?!
Until next time,
xoxo, Sarah Grace
- ½ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¼ cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- ½ Large Frozen Banana
- 1 scoop Chocolate About Time Whey (or other chocolate protein powder)
- ¼ cup Raw Unprocessed Bran (or oats)
- 2 teaspoons Dark Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee
- ¼ Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar (for protein chocolate chips, see instructions below)
- Optional: , Coffee Beans, Chocolate Syrup for topping
- Combine all ingredients in blender except quest bar (or regular chocolate chips if you prefer), and blend until smooth.
- Cut quest bar into chunks, and bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, allow to cool.
- Add homemade protein "chocolate chunks" into shake and stir.
- Top with whatever you desire, like my , more protein chocolate chips, or topping of choice!
Nutrition is based off of shake with Quest Bar Chocolate Chips.
Use my promo code on About Time's website if you'd like to try their products for 25% off! Code: "FFF1"