I made many of these while I was home this summer. And experimented with all different flavors. They are seriously the best. So easy, just combine a couple of ingredients, put it in a mug, and microwave until done! Why wait to bake a dessert when you can just make this, single-serving one?!
My mom’s favorite part of me coming home..I can make her nightly mugcakes..
She makes me make them not only for her, but her friends when they come over, and she says excitedly “Watch this!! give her ANY flavor you want, and she can come up with a single serving, healthy version for you in 5 minutes!” to all her friends..
Hey, can’t say I blame her when I make them for myself a lot too.. it’s so fun, and customizable!
And since you make a fresh, hot one every single time..No more eating leftover desserts that have become hard and stale. OR snacking on everything as you wait for real cake/brownies to bake..and then have zero appetite for your actual dessert (guilty here!)
AND BEST PART, no more feeling guilty about dessert when it’s this high in protein and low in carbs 🙂 This is so healthy, it can even be breakfast if you’re in a sweet mood!
- 1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (I use TryAboutTime, 25% off code is fff1 on their site!)
- 1T Cocoa Powder
- 1 whole Egg
- ¼ cup Applesauce
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener to taste (honey/syrup/low calorie syrup)
- Optional (but highly recommended): vanilla extract, chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, peanut butter, anything!
- **Almond Milk as needed (by the tablespoon, add in milk until cake batter consistency forms, will vary depending on protein used)
- Beat egg by itself.
- Add all ingredients and mix altogether.
- Spray mug with oil spray and place mixture in mug.
- Cook in microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute, better underdone then over, it dries out quickly!
- Either leave in mug and enjoy, or turn mug over to empty cake on plate to eat.
- Place any additional toppings you would like. I added berries and healthy peanut butter sauce(recipe below).