I don’t know about you all, but with not having the BIGGEST appetite when first waking up, yogurt is one of my favorite choices to start my day. (like you saw in my video, yogurt is one of my TOP FIVE breakfast foods)
Now, see I use to always buy regular, nonfat greek yogurt..but lately I’ve been trying to limit my dairy intake (because so many people have said that is key in clearing up your face..SO I’m try it out!)
Thank goodness I can still have my yogurt in the morning because of companies like Silk that make a dairy free option!
You can eat your yogurt, and have a dairy free life too 😉
No but in all seriousness, I love yogurt. It’s light, refreshing, and SO VERSATILE.
You can add WHATEVER you are feeling that day to it.
Which is where this post comes in..TOPPINGS, yay!
So every day is a little different, but I wanted to share some healthy and delicious choices when wanting to add a little more somethin somethin, to keep that tummy full!
Because lessss be honest, a little cup of yogurt isn’t the most filling thing on it’s own.
So let’s have a #TopItTuesday over here on the blog, and share what my FAVORITE healthy toppings are.
- Fresh Fruit!
- I love my berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries..or bananas and apples are great too!
- Dried Fruit!
- Raisins, Golgi Berries, Cranberries, Figs and others!
- I love my sliced almonds or cashews, but any nuts (or seeds too!) will add a delicious salty crunch
- Now sunflower seeds are great too, but I love my flaxseeds and chia seeds! Chia seeds add some great fiber and texture to any yogurt (did you know you could also make chia pudding with them like HERE?!)
- Crumbled Baked Goods!
- Haha so this is my favorite. Have some leftover blueberry muffins or baked banana bread that is a little dried out by now? Crumble it and add it into yogurt! Wallah! No wasting food with this girl here 🙂 (or in my case, maybe make a recipe that isn’t very moist/not blog-postable but still edible..add it to the yogurt! haha)
- I LOVE making homemade granola, like this high protein recipe. If using store bought, make sure to buy a low sugar,low fat variety!
- No no, not potato chips (even though I’m all about that sweet and salty life). I’m talkin CHOCOLATE CHIPS. YES. My favorite! Add a few dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs for an even healthier option..and BAM, instantly a healthy breakfast turned delicious. (and hey, you could even make a yogurt parfait for dessert this way!)
You could even have a little brunch party at your house like my good friend Courtney had for her sister’s bridal shower, with a cute DIY PARFAIT BAR <3
Just put out a large bowl of yogurt, small bowls with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, and whatever else..and sit back and watch everyone have fun making their own! 🙂
Sooo, as you can see with all my options and lovely topping preferences..I am SO glad I can still have my morning yogurt with Silk’s dairy free option.
What are you going to make for the #TopItTuesday?!
What are YOUR favorite yogurt toppings?!
Until next time,
xo Sarah Grace
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.