Want to have your cake and fuel your body with nutrition at the same time? Try these protein birthday cake bites! Perfect for any time of day.
You may know by now that I’m alllll about those simple, easy, no bake recipes that somehow secretly sneak in nutrition yet keep the flavor. Well, these protein birthday cake bites are no different.
This month’s Recipe Redux theme was: “Small Bite Desserts”. The thought to make some super crazy and cool like mini cheesecake bites or mini pecan pies came to mind. But then I thought, ehhh, I just REALLY like no bake, super quick recipes. Especially if I can add some protein powder to them so that they can be a little sweet protein pick me up midday. Meet my protein birthday cake bites.
Why You Should Make These Protein Birthday Cake Bites
- It’ll make you happy. Like real happy. Like it’s my birthday kinda happy.
- They taste super yummy. Ok maybe not like super rich and decadent cake. But for being protein-packed and perfect for ANY time of the day, they are suuuuupa good.
- You can have cake for breakfast. Going off that last point, they can be eaten at ANY time of day. Yes, even BREAKFAST. I’ve been having them post workout and oh my YUM.
- They are secretly packed with protein. Helllllo muscle protein synthesis. (nutrition nerd for ya)
- They are low in carbs and processed sugar. Despite never trying to avoid carbs like most of society (Intuitive Eating for the WIN), because of wanting certain flavors and therefore using almond flour and coconut flour..these protein birthday cake bites low in carbs. And using honey as the sweetener, they’re free of processed stuff that ain’t good for ya. You’re welcome.
- They satisfy that sweet tooth when it hits — and boy if you’re anything like me, it hits DAILY.
- You are studying for the RD Exam like I currently am (or working like a real adult, that could apply too), and need some brain food. Good luck to us out there studying!
Why You Should NOT Make These Protein Birthday Cake Bites
- You HATE yummy tasting things
- Avoid desserts like the plague or strict dieting without medical reason is your thing (you should check out this new course I’m creating if that’s you 😉 )
- You don’t have a sweet tooth
- yep, those are really the only three reasons I can think of.
Can we all just come to the conclusion that making these protein birthday cake bites are a NO BRAINER??
Gracie thinks so. She wanted them.
But on slightly different, not-cake-related note…
Talking About Ditching That Diet Mentality & Eating Intuitively:
Friday was NOT a good day for me. Unexpected things came up. I was instantly filled up with anxiety and stress because of said things from the moment I got out of bed. And because of that, well, I’ll leave my thoughts for the video in case you’re one that is interested. 🙂 I guess I forgot to mention that part in the beginning, but I posted a new video today. One thing is for sure, ever since recovering from my eating disorder and destructive, defeating binge/restriction cycle, and finding this thing called intuitive eating, I’ve come to a new life motto:
*errrrrthing in moderation — all about that balance —- we are GREATER than our good days and bad days.*
Your thoughts on intuitive eating?
Or my video below?
Or even these delicious cake bites?
Would love to hear!
Click below to watch!
Serves: 12 bites
- 1 scoop Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder (don't use whey, or if you do, you'll have to change up liquid added, as it doesn't absorb near as much as plant-based)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp Butter Extract (or just Vanilla if you don't have butter!)
- Dash of Sea Salt
- **Non Dairy Milk as needed** (all protein absorbs liquids slightly different; I used 4 tbsp, but add by the tbsp until you have a dough like consistency you can form into balls)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl and mix (except the milk). Using a Blender can be useful here.
- Add milk by the tbsp until the right "dough like" consistency is formed
- Roll into small balls, and roll the balls into sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate until eating!