Did you notice there is a new tab on the blog? Yep, a whole tab for…GaMeDaY ReCiPeS!
That’s right! As a college student, it only makes sense to start a trend for healthy gameday recipes!
I was offered the opportunity to team up with GamedayR, an incredible website centered around college sports, to provide them healthy gameday recipes! Gamedayr™ is an absolute culture brand for college sports built on the passion surrounding gameday. The network provides athletes, fans, media, coaches, trainers and individuals involved with college sports a central location for the content and information they want to contribute, find, and share.
If you are a college sports fan, you should definitely check them out. Or if you’d like some yummy gameday recipes 🙂
But back to the actual recipe, what is more gameday appropriate than a spin off the very well loved buffalo chicken wings?? This dip is hot and spicy, yet cool and refreshing. Perfect for a hot gameday afternoon. You may have seen similar dips, but I can assure you they were anything but healthy. But rest in peace, this one IS healthy…and delicious!
Pair it with chips and crackers, or a lot of colorful veggies, decision is up to you. But I promise this will be a hit at any tailgate!
- 8 oz. Low Fat Cream Cheese (could use fat-free)
- 1 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 6 tablespoons Low Fat Blue Cheese Dressing (I use this Greek yogurt based one)
- 6 tablespoons Hot Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken, chopped small (can used canned chicken)
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or high speed blender except for chicken.
- Blend until smooth. Stir in finely chopped chicken.
- Store in refrigerator for at least one hour for flavors to absorb.
- Serve with veggies, chips, crackers, or other desired food.
Greek Yogurt Benefits
1) Help fight tummy fat
2) Contains good-for-you bacteria
3) Loaded with vitamins such as potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, iodine, zinc, B12 and B5
4) Great recovery after workouts: high source of protein
5) High in calcium
6) Prevents high blood pressure
7) Fights off colds and flus: healthy bacteria fights off the bad and boosts the immune system
8) Protects your teeth: lactic acid in yogurt protects your gums
9) High in protein, about 18-24 grams per serving
Hot Sauce Benefits
1) Low in calories
2) Fires up your metabolism: contains vitamin C and capsaicin, which are shown to rev up your metabolism
3) Keeps you satisfied: a little goes a long way
4) Can better your mood: contains capsaicin, which brings on endorphins and sustains a good mood
1) High in protein
2) Natural anti-depressant: contains amino acid, tryptophan which increases serotonin levels, enhances mood, and decreases stress
3) Prevents bone loss: because of protein content
4) Heart Health: suppresses and controls homocysteine, an amino acid that causes cardiovascular disease
5) Rich in phosphorous: an essential mineral that supports your teeth and bones, as well as kidney, liver, and central nervous system function
6) Rich in selenium: essential mineral involved in metabolic performance (thyroid, hormone, metabolism, and immune function)
7) Boosts metabolism: high in vitamin B6 which encourages enzymes and metabolic cellular reactions
8) Rich in niacin: a B-vitamin that guards against cancer and other forms of genetic change
9) Promotes eye health: high in retinol, alpha and beta-carotene, and lycopene, all derived from vitamin A and vital for healthy eyesight
10) Essential for Tissue Growth: contains riboflavin, which drastically reduces your skin problems and repairs dry or damaged skin.