Overnight oats. So easy, convenient, ready when you’re on the go, healthy, and did I mention versatile? You can make about any flavor under the sun for your oats by adding in certain fruits or extracts or nuts or other delicious things..like chocolate chips!
Cookie dough for breakfast? I know I just and that was unbelievable in itself.. But now I’m telling you cookie dough too? Yes I sure am! This whole grain oat and low fat dairy combination with a few other added ingredients, tasted just like a spoonful of cookie dough! Mmm.
In case you missed my first post, let me refresh you on the benefits of the low fat dairy and whole grain oats combination!
Did you know that 99% of Americans do not meet the daily whole grain recommendations and 85% fall short of dairy recommendations? That means you and your family could be missing out on calcium, Vitamin D, potassium and fiber!
Quaker Oats and The National Dairy Council challenged me to create healthy breakfasts or snacks featuring the power of whole grain oats with the goodness of reduced/low-fat dairy. And I think I did just that.
Oats + Milk = Protein + Fiber + 9 Key Nutrients
Protein for lean muscle
Fiber for digestive health
Iron for healthy blood cells
Calcium, Vitamin D, Phosphorus, Magnesium for strong bones
Potassium for healthy blood pressure
Riboflavin, Vitamin B12 for energy metabolism
Vitamin A for eye and skin health
Just look how wonderful. And it is all created the night before so that on those rushed mornings..you don’t miss out on breakfast (which is a big no no..breakfast is the most important part of the day!). All ready to spoon into your mouth!
Ready for those on a crazy schedule. Packed with nutrition. And delicious for those who aren’t necessarily into “healthy tasting foods” (trust me, nothing on my blog that I post TASTES healthy..it just secretly is 🙂 )
I make so many varieties on overnight oats, it is one of my favorites. But when realizing how much I love cookie dough as I looked back to posts like my cookie dough almond butter, my cookie dough dip, and my cookie dough blizzard..I knew I had to make something cookie dough flavored for breakfast!
Healthy and delicious, just what I live for.
Serves: 2 (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup whole grain Rolled Oats
- 1 cup low fat Milk
- ½ very ripe Banana
- 3 tablespoons Vanilla Protein Powder (I use all natural About Time)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Butter Extract (can omit but gives a great cookie flavor!)
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Sweetener to taste (depending on sweetness of protein, I used 1 teaspoon Honey as the banana made it sweet enough!)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips or Cacao Nibs
- Optional: an extra splash of milk when eating
- Place ½ of banana in small microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds (this gives a caramel like sweet flavor!)
- Combine all ingredients (including banana) except chocolate chips into glass jar and shake after securing lid until all ingredients are combined
- Place in refrigerator over night, or at least for 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove from fridge, mix in chips or nibs, and enjoy!
- I like it a little bit more milky, so I added an extra splash of milk before eating.
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by National Dairy Council and the
Quaker Oats Center of Excellence and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not
compensated for my time.