I love biscottis. Why? Because I love ANYTHING crunchy.
Oh, and who DOESN’T like chocolate?! Well After reading this month’s Recipe Redux theme, I knew exactly what flavor pairing I wanted.
Favorite Chocolate Matches
Does your chocolate need a friend? This months posting will be after Valentines Day, so you may have a bit of extra chocolate around. Whats your favorite chocolate match? Be it traditional peanut butter or something more exotic like cayenne + chocolate. Show us your favorite healthy chocolate combo recipe.
Coffee and Chocolate. Possibly two of my favorite things (besides pumpkin or ice cream anyways). I absolutely LOVE adding low sugar cocoa mix or chocolate protein powder to my morning coffee, it’s actually almost a must now.
So when I had to pick my favorite pairing with chocolate, I knew coffee was it. Hands down. I mean yes, peanut butter is a favorite too, but I tried to at least be SEMI original.
And what goes better with coffee or mochas thannn BISCOTTIS.
Ahh, I LOVE enjoying a delicious biscotti with my coffee.
But since its morning usually when I’m drinking my coffee, I didn’t want any kind of high sugar biscotti.
SO, I went with making a HIGH PROTEIN, low fat biscotti so that I could improvehearingnaturally seroquel enjoy it in the morning…GUILT-FREE.
Coffee. Cocoa Powder. Chocolate Protein. Chocolate Chips. YUM.
So tell me..
What is YOUR favorite way to enjoy coffee?
What is YOUR favorite chocolate pairing?
Until next time,
xo Sarah Grace
- 1 cup Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Quest Protein which is a mix of whey and casein..if using only whey, you may have different results!)
- ½ cup Brown Rice Flour
- ¼ cup Tapioca Starch
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 single serving instant coffee packet (or 1 tbsp instant coffee)
- ½ cup Hot Water (to mix instant coffee in)
- ¼ cup Applesauce
- 6 packets of Stevia
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine hot water and instant coffee and set aside
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients in another
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until all combined and forms a ball of dough
- Shape dough into a log shape, and place on cookie tray sprayed with nonstick spray
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for a little
- Slice log diagonally to make "biscotti" shape sticks.
- Place back on cookie tray and bake for 10 more minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-10 minuutes or until crispy. Remove and allow to cool on tray.