Anyone else depend on protein bars to get you through long, chaotic days? Or to get that protein intake up?!
you all know how much I LOVE PUMPKIN.
I mean, even if you haven’t been following me for that long, my whole pumpkin recipe tab or Wednesday’s post on 60+ healthy pumpkin recipes should give that away..
or that my 21st sign was a BIG PUMPKIN
I LOVE quest bars, I actually probably eat one every day since I’m on such a chaotic schedule with lots of hours spent in my masters classes and the research lab #sorryimnotsorry
And don’t get me wrong, they have TONS of flavors to choose from so I don’t get sick of them..
BUT THEY DONT HAVE PUMPKIN. (not to mention store bought bars are kinda expensive)
Hence, why I went the extra mile to make my own with their protein <33
But see, baking protein bars is SO TOUGH, because whey protein creates such a dry texture.
and NOBODY wants a DRY BAR.
That’s why quest helps! it’s a mix of casein and whey, and casein creates a more moist texture 🙂
I think I died and went to heaven after making these. What I thought would be a normal protein bar..turned out to be what tasted like a heavenly dessert!
I hope you enjoy these delicious little guys as much as I did! Mine are already gone..oops 🙂
And of course, if you missed it, go check out my 60+ other healthy pumpkin recipes HERE!
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Almond or Cashew Milk
- ¼ cup Rolled Oats
- 2 scoops Quest Nutrition Salted Caramel Protein Powder (or other whey/casein mix of protein..vanilla flavor would work too!)
- ¼ cup Erythritol (quest protein is very sweet, if using another protein powder, sweeten as needed)
- 3 tbsp Fiber Syrup (i use SweetIt brand)**
- For latte flavor: add 1 tbsp Instant Coffee
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10 drops Liquid Stevia or 2 tbsp Liquid Sweetener (I used Vanilla Bean stevia)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- Heat fiber syrup for ~20 seconds.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in small bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Place in 8x8 pan sprayed with nonstick spray
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until outside is set and slightly browned. (middle will look not done, that's okay!)
- Allow to set in fridge for at least an hour before cutting.
- Cut into bars and store in freezer or fridge. (I store mine in freezer and take out 5 minute before wanting to eat)