Easy breakfast recipes that are pumped up with Now Foods protein powder, in order to keep you satisfied and building lean muscle mass.
We all like one thing when it comes to breakfasts and just meals in general I think: EASY. But a lot of times, the “easy” meals aren’t packed with nutrition or completely balanced. Insert pop tarts, most cereals, store-bought smoothies, eggo waffles, ect. One of the things I recognize with a lot of my 1-1 clients, is that they aren’t getting enough PROTEIN first thing in the morning. Usually the carbohydrates are heavy – but the protein is not. The exact formula for setting one up to feel tired and hungry an hour later. Which presents me why I’m sharing this post on EASY breakfast recipes one typically eats, that are easily pumped up with protein.
What are the benefits of adding protein to easy breakfast recipes?
- You keep your easy breakfast – yet pumped it up with nutrition
- Protein takes longer to break down and digest – satisfying you for a longer time
- With it being harder to break down, you also burn more calories doing so versus breaking down carbs.
- You stabilize your blood sugar levels versus eating a meal high in carbohydrates only
- You can still enjoy some of your favorite go tos!
What happens when you eat a breakfast with little to zero protein?
You feel lethargic, lazy, and hungry within the hour again.
The first thing I look for in anyone’s breakfast meal when evaluating what could possibly be done different, is whether or not the meal has adequate protein and some healthy fats and fiber. Of course it would be extra nice to have veggies too, but I know some people just don’t want them first thing in the morning. So second best meal is one with those three: protein, fats and fiber.
So now that we established WHAT the components are of a good breakfast, let’s look at THREE Easy Breakfast Recipes pumped up by some Now Food’s protein!
FIVE Easy Breakfast Recipes with Now Food’s Protein
(and what was missing from each of these typical easy breakfasts BEFORE when not adding it)
Baked Protein Oatmeal Squares
- What was missing before:
- Baked oatmeal is a great source of carbohydrates and fiber, and super easy to make ahead and have on-the-go. But it lacks sufficient protein and healthy fats.
- How to fix it:
- Before baking the oatmeal, add some vegan Now Foods protein powder (be cautious of whey protein as it dries out when baked), and also add some chopped nuts or peanut/almond butter and stir it all together. Then bake!
- The Easy Breakfast Recipe: Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Squares
- 2.5 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 scoop Chocolate Vegan Now Foods Protein
- 2.5 cups Almond Milk
- 2 Bananas, very ripe and mashed
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 2 tbsp each: Chia Seeds + Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp each: Baking Powder + Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Mix altogether, bake in pan at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Protein Muffin in a Mug
- What was missing before: Muffins are typically high in processed flours and sugar, with no protein or fiber.
- How to fix it: Make this ONE minute protein chocolate mugcake instead that has protein, carbs, healthy fats, and some fiber, or this one below!
The easy breakfast recipe: Protein Muffin in a Mug
- 2 tbsp Now Foods Protein Powder
- 1T Cocoa Powder
- 1 whole Egg
- ¼ cup Applesauce
- 1 tbsp Nut/Seed Butter
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1-2 tbsp liquid sweetener to taste (honey/agave/maple syrup)
- Optional (but highly recommended): vanilla extract, chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, anything!
Protein Fruit Smoothie
- What was missing before: Protein and fiber! Fruit smoothies have fruit in them typically that is always good, but when you just have carbs alone (which fruit is a carb), your energy levels drop and you feel hungry quickly after.
- How to fix it: Add protein by either a scoop of NowFoods protein powder or cup of greek yogurt, and then some fat and fiber through chia seeds, nuts, flaxseeds, ect!
- The easy breakfast recipe:
- 1/2-1 cup Fruit or 1 Banana
- 1 cup Nondairy Milk
- 1 scoop NowFoods Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Cinnamon + Sweetener as needed
Average Oatmeal Pumped Up
- What was missing before: Oatmeal is a great source of carbohydrates and fiber, but it lacks sufficient protein.
- How to fix it: Swirl in 1/2-1 scoop of Now Foods protein powder and some peanut butter for a pumped up oatmeal!
- What was missing before: Energy bites are all over the web, but usually it’s packed with dried fruit, oats, nuts, and honey. These are all good things, but carbohydrate packed with little protein.
- How to fix it: Try adding some protein powder to the bites like any of my many protein bites and ball recipes!
Extra: Store-Bought Breakfast Bars
- What was missing before: Breakfast bars are typically good in whole grains and fiber most times, but low in protein.
- How to fix it: Make your own and add some protein powder and healthy fats such as seeds/nuts!
- The easy breakfast recipe: DIY Almond Butter Banana Bread Protein Bars.
So tell me, which protein pumped up breakfast will you be trying this week?? Share your creations with me on FB and instagram by tagging me, @freshfitnhealthy and using #freshfitnhealthy!
Thank you NowFoods for sponsoring this post and allowing me to continue sharing all these yummy recipes!