Exciting exciting news everyone! As you may have heard me announce after getting back from Olympia over in Las Vegas with Quest Nutrition on instagram (), I decided to make a YouTube channel to allow you all to see a more personal side of me and simply get to see the face behind Fresh Fit N Healthy! I hope you enjoy my first video that shows you just a little bit of my story, and allows you to get to know Sarah Grace, the girl behind Fresh Fit N Healthy. Watch below! But make sure to go subscribe to my channel as well 🙂
And now to a delicious, QUICK and SIMPLE recipe. I am a huge fan of cereal. Not in your normal way though. I never eat it as a meal, or with milk..I just love snackin on some cereal when I get those midday cravings (or midnight cravings).
Well I decided since I love the taste of chocolate, and peanut butter..to make my own healthy, 5 minute cereal mix!
It is perfect to eat plain, on top of yogurt, or like regular cereal, using milk. Mmm mmm mmm.
High in fiber with using bran, high in protein by incorporating a quest bar and the peanut flour, and gluten free by making my own cereal mix instead of just a store bought one..this recipe is definitely a win.
And guess what makes those delicious little chocolate peanut butter “chips” you see in there?
Yeeeeep, Quest Nutrition’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar! Broken up and baked into delicious little crunchy “chips”.
Chocolate. Peanut Butter. High Protein Chocolate Chips. All in a low fat cereal that takes 5 minutes to make. Does life get any better??
Hope you enjoy!!
Questions for YOU
-HAVE YOU SUBSCRIBED TO MY CHANNEL YET?! ()
-What is your favorite flavor combination?
-What was your favorite childhood cereal, and what is your favorite cereal now?
- 2 cups GF Chex Rice Cereal
- 1 cup Puffed Brown Rice Cereal
- 1 cup Dry GF Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Chopped Nuts (I used walnuts)
- ½ cup Unprocessed Raw Bran (not oat bran, but could use it as a substitute)
- ¼ cup Peanut Flour
- 2 tablespoon Cacao Powder
- 2 packets Stevia
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest Bar (or mini chocolate chips as desired)
- Optional for added health or flavors: 1 tablespoon Maca Powder, ¼ cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut or Dried Fruit)
- Combine peanut flour, cacao powder, stevia, and sea salt into small bowl and stir together. Combine all other ingredients except quest bar in a big bowl.
- Pour peanut flour mixture onto cereal mix, and shake/stir until combined.
- Break apart Quest bar into mini chocolate chip sized pieces, and bake in oven at 350 for about 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then mix into cereal mixture.
- Store in glass jar until using. (May have to shake before using each time if certain part of mix settles to bottom)