Who would like to eat a cookie for breakfast..guilt-free?! This girl!
That is why the other morning when I weirdly (or not so weirdly knowing me) woke up just wanting sweets, I created this healthy guy!
Oats and Banana..doesn’t get much healthier than that. Add in whatever you’d like, say coconut (like me), or chocolate chip (mmmm), or some nuts/dried fruit? Now you’re talking..
Bananas are a great way to naturally sweeten things, along with any dried fruit like figs and dates! As I plan on doing another Sugar Detox (GASP, but realllly needed), like I did last summer for the first time, this will be a great recipe to go to!
Top it with my Healthy Paleo Frosting and you’ve really got a breakfast treat
And the great thing about this TWO ingredient recipe, is it is SO versatile to whatever flavor YOU want to make it.
Cookies for breakfast? When they’re this healthy, I think so!
Questions for YOU
What is one dessert you wish you could have guilt free for breakfast?
What is your favorite cookie flavor?
How do you like your bananas? Just turned ripe (like my mom/most people), or very spotty and ripe (like ME!)
Have you ever done a sugar detox? What was you’re biggest struggle?
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup mashed Banana, very ripe
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Optional but highly recommended: Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, dash of Sea Salt
- Optional Add-ins: Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter, Dried Fruit, Nuts
- NOTE: Add sweetener to taste (I didn't want anything too sweet first thing in the morning and my banana was very ripe, but feel free to add honey or sugar to this as well!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine oats, banana, and baking powder together, along with any other desired ingredients to sPiCe up your breakfast cookie.
- Bake on small cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray for 5 minutes
Rolled Oats/Oat Flour Benefits
1) High in fiber, low in fat
2) Makes you feel satisfied
3) Stabilizes blood sugar
4) Removes bad cholesterol
5) Great gluten-free options
6) Contains unique antioxidants
7) Enhances immune response to disease
1) Help overcome depression due to high tryptophan content
2) Sustains blood sugar during workouts
3) Protects against muscle cramps
4) Counteracts calcium loss
5) Improves your mood
6) Reduce swelling
7) High in potassium
8) Rich in pectin which aids in digestion
9) High in fiber
10) Natural Anti-acid
11) Only fruit that can be consumed raw without distress