The perfect addition to your holiday table, these cinnamon sugar healthy tortilla chips match perfectly with any sweet dip!
Holidays call for lots and lots of food. Honestly, my favorite is all the finger foods and small bites, whether in the form of an appetizer or dessert. I’m just such a grazer, I love the smaller bites so that I can try everything! And that’s why savory appetizer dips, or sweet dessert dips, are a favorite of mine. You can have just one bite, and be done. Or go back for more 🙂 But the problem lies with the dipper. Which is why I’m sharing these healthy tortilla chips today!
Also, PSA: sorry for being so sporadic and infrequent over here the past month or so. With my masters program coming to an end, things have been chaotic! But come December, plan on more regularity PLUS special new things coming as well 🙂
See, I love any sweet or salty snack that has a crunch. So I’m a sucker for chips and dip. Especially when I make my whipped pumpkin dip that is basically heaven. Even though my famous cookie dough dip or pumpkin cookie dip or even my simple peanut butter dip, come in close second. But when you buy those tortilla chips or pita chips in a bag, whether sweet or salty, not only the chip goes down quickly, but so does the calories and fat and sugar.
So in still wanting to enjoy my dips, especially during the holidays, and my crunchy dippers, I decided to come up with my own solution: these cinnamon sugar healthy tortilla chips.
I have made these time and time again for family and friends, both in the sweet version like I’m sharing today, or even in a salty version by just adding sea salt and no cinnamon or sweetener. And they disappear in a flash! Everyone is amazed that they are healthy!
Look at that crispiness.
These cinnamon sugar chips are a MUST every time I bring my delicious pumpkin dip anywhere. They are the perfect pairing for any sweet dessert dip you may have. Or leave out the cinnamon and sugar, add some sea salt, and they are the perfect pairing for dips like my creamy avocado one, or my buffalo chicken dip, or my DILL-icious dip!
So now the question is,
What dip will you be making to pair with these cinnamon sugar healthy tortilla chips?!
You won’t regret trying these out, and wherever you bring them, they will bring holiday cheer I can assure you 🙂
Until next time,
xo Sarah Grace
- 3 large Whole Wheat Tortillas (can use regular or low carb)
- Coconut Oil (can use olive oil too -- I use the spray to make it easy)
- Sugar of choice (I use either Stevia or Erythitol -- granulated sugar works best)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stack flour tortillas and depending on size desired, cut into ⅛ths – small triangles.
- Place the triangles on baking sheet, spray or brush with coconut/olive oil. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Flip and repeat on opposite side of triangles.
- Place in center of oven and bake until golden and crispy. (around 10-15 minutes, flipping around the 5 minute mark)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- They will continue to crisp up as they sit 🙂