Is it just me or is any kind of nut butter absolutely amazing and addicting? They make every kind of variation nowadays!
Creamy peanut butter. crunchy peanut butter. creamy almond butter. crunchy almond butter. coconut butter. chocolate peanut butter. pb2. hazelnut nut butter. You name it, and you can usually find it at least somewhere online or in stores!
But what I haven’t seen much of is other kinds of nuts being made into butter. I mean, I know it exists, but peanut and almond butters are definitely the most frequent.
So, when I got to go home this past week, and opened up the pantry to huge containers of raw almonds, walnuts, and pecans..a great idea came to me. Walnut butter.
And so my kitchen fun began 🙂 I took out my food processor, toasted some walnuts, and made what I think could possibly be considered a little taste of heaven in my mouth! I went through the whole batch in just the one week I was home! So much richer tasting then almond butter, but oh so good.
Then I got an even more brilliant idea. One of my favorite flavors when eating those chocolates from the box has always been maple walnut. So what did I do? Add a touch of maple improvehearingnaturally cipro syrup and bam! This was definitely a little spoonful of heaven 🙂 Hope you think the same as you try it!
- Maple Walnut Butter
- -2 cups walnuts, raw
- -2 T maple syrup
- -touch of salt
- Toast walnuts in oven (or toaster oven) on 350 degrees until slightly browned.
- Watch closely, as once they start browning, they burn easily!
- Then remove from oven, and place in food processor.
- This will take some time, this step may start to seem tedious, but be patient, I promise it's worth it! Turn the processor on, and let it begin to grind the nuts. First the nuts will turn into little chopped pieces, then begin to look like powder, then finally begin to clump up. Just keep processing. It will start to run up the sides of the processor, and you will have to turn it off and scrape the butter down from the sides many times. (like I said, patience is key) 🙂 Altogether it should take about 10 minutes. After it is FINALLY a nut butter consistency you are happy with, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and a touch of salt, and mix just until combined.
- See, just one necessary ingredient really, how simple?! Enjoy!