If you’ve been watching any of my snap stories (Sarah_Grace11) or videos on youtube (you can subscribe here!), you know I have been LOVING to make turkey meatballs every week as part of my food prep.
How can I not when I have found a gem of it only being 3.99/pound at trader joes?! #ASteal
Well every week I change it up a bit and try some new additions, but so far I’ve only shared with you my and my ones.
Last week I added some peanut flour and soy sauce to make a thai style meatball (I’ll be sharing those soon enough!)
Well, this week came around and I had some extra Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and spinach leftover in my refrigerator, and knew exactly what I was going to do.
And I bet you can guess too..
Oh and on top of that, I bought more apples after forgetting I had bought a huge bag the week before..
So yes, I combined my leftover spinach, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Apple to make these delicious, mediterranean flavored meatballs.
They were so moist, I didn’t even NEED any extra sauce for them after baking! But I did end up eating some with both the leftover hummus and on some spaghetti squash for a healthier spaghetti and meatballs..
But I also saved some for this past weekends tailgate for the football game here in Tallahassee, and boy were they a hit! My roommates loved them!
But I can’t help but to think how great these would be to serve with a hummus dip for a party as well!
Full of apples, spinach, hummus, HEALTH, and FLAVOR.
Did you know that just two tablespoons a day of hummus will fulfill your bean requirements for the day?! And guess what? This recipe uses 1/2 cup! #TwoSpoons for health and a nutrition-packed day!
SO YOU ARE SET.
And it reminds me of the song, “a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down!” But that’s totally off topic..
Questions for YOU
- What has been YOUR favorite thing to meal prep lately??
- What do you have sitting in your fridge this week that needs to be used up?
- What football team have you been rooting for as the season gets going?? (#GoGators)
- What do I think the best calorie burner is according to one of my latest instagram posts ( for #MotivationalMonday haha)? 🙂
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- ½ cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 cup Spinach, cut into small pieces
- ½ red Apple, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs of choice: basil, parsley, mint
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in one bowl.
- Scoop out and shape into balls (mine made 20)
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with extra Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, tzatziki sauce, or on top of spaghetti/spaghetti squash
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra Dipping Co. LLC, and am eli-
gible to win prizes associated with the contest. But I was not compensated for my time.