A high protein, high fiber, gluten free, no bake cookies and cream truffle coated in a rich yet healthy chocolate coating, made with Quest Nutrition protein!
Hope you guys aren’t getting sick of my chickpea desserts yet, because here’s another one coming at ya, and boy is it DELICIOUS.
It’s the 21st of the month, and you know what that means! For this beautiful month of January, the Recipe Redux theme was to try a new ingredient that you’ve been wanting to try.
Well, Quest Nutrition had JUST shipped me their new cookies and cream protein powder while on my sugar detox, and so I’ve been dying to try it ever since getting done with the detox!
Not only did I use this powder IN the truffles, but instead of coating these truffles in melted chocolate, I kept them lighter and healthier by rolling them simply in the delicious protein powder as well!
This recipe is basically JUST like my recipe, or my , or my , or even my ! Only thing, is it uses delicious cookies and cream protein powder versus coconut flour or the other additions in the past dips.
Chickpeas. Nut Butter. Syrup or Honey. Protein Powder. Sounds pretty SIMPLE and HEALTHY to me… yet it is SO delicious. You will NOT believe it.
I made these for my brother, without telling him they were made of chickpeas because I KNEW he wouldn’t try them or would be biased… and he LOVED them. And then was grossed out he like chickpeas in a dessert when I told him haha 😛
And guess what? You can even just LEAVE the dough as is and eat it with a spoon, OR bake them into cookies! I tried it all three ways 😉
Whether you make this cookies and cream cookie dough and eat it as a dip, bake them into cookies, or you make them into truffles like this recipe calls for, you will NOT be upset that you made it.
Questions for YOU
- Which flavor dip has been your favorite so far that I’ve shared??
- Do you think you’ll like this better as a dip or in truffle form?
- What’s a healthy treat you’ve tricked someone to eat?
- What is your current favorite flavor right now?!
Until next time,
xo Sarah Grace
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 4 tbsp Nut Butter (cashew will be most subtle, peanut butter is good too though)
- 2 scoop Cookies and Cream Quest Protein Powder* (keep ½ scoop separate for rolling)
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- Optional: Extra sweetener to taste and chocolate chips for coating instead of the protein powder (or use THIS recipe for homemade chocolate coating minus the quinoa "crunch")
- Combine chickpeas and syrup in food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in all other ingredients except for "coating" ingredients and blend (use 1.5 scoops protein powder because ½ scoop will be saved for rolling truffles in).
- Place "dough" into fridge for at least 30 minutes to slightly firm up.
- Either store as a dip or shape into balls, adding more protein powder if necessary to form.
- Either roll truffles in leftover ½ scoop protein OR melt chocolate chips and dip balls into chocolate
- Store in freezer until eating, removing from freezer 5-10 minutes before biting into them 🙂