A healthy, raw cranberry sauce that is so full of flavor, that you won’t miss the canned sugar-filled stuff!
We all love that cranberry sauce on our turkey. But I think we all know it isn’t exactly the best for us either.
ps: did you catch my post on Tuesday containing over 45+ healthy Thanksgiving recipes?? Well now we can add another to that list (or another to that board on pinterest!)
I already shared with you all last holiday season this delicious, healthier version of normal cranberry sauce, but sometimes you’re just wanting something refreshing. Something unique yet tasty..
Well you’re in luck, because I made a healthier RAW version of this cranberry sauce we all love, that is packed with flavor.
My mom and I bake turkeys all the time when I’m home just to have for the week. So one of the times, we were craving cranberry sauce with it. In our desire to keep it light and refreshing (because yes, we were doing this during the summer), we experimented onhealthy tetracycline with a raw version my food processing it all.
Boy was I happy about our experimentation. It was so delicious. Yet refreshing. Which in my opinion, is exactly what I need among all the heavy sides of any typical holiday meal.
So whether you are needing this recipe because you’re gluten-free, paleo, or needing to cut back on the sugar..
Or you simply just want to try out a NEW, unique, and flavorful spin on the typical cranberry sauce.
This is it.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 (16-ounce) bag fresh Cranberries, about 4 cups
- 2 Apples, peeled and diced
- 1 Orange, sliced
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts
- 3 Celery Stalks, chopped
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ¼-1/2 cup Honey or Maple Syrup (or to taste)
- Dash of Cinnamon and Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients into a food process or high speed blender except sweetener.
- Pulse until achieving desired texture (I like small pieces of nuts and fruit to still be present but you can blend until smooth as well).
- Stir in sweetener to taste.
- Refrigerate until serving