Low in fat and calories, this is a delicious yet healthier version of any of those creamy holiday dessert dips we all love!
Pumpkin. Can’t get enough of it, ever. Never will.
So I thought, what’s more appropriate for my first post than my favorite pumpkin recipe?! (Not to mention, a favorite of everyone else who tries it too!) I’ll give you some hints. Its fluffy, smooth, creamy and filled with that oh so distinct yet delicious pumpkin taste. Guess it yet?
Well now there’s no hiding the secret..it’s my famous PUMPKIN DIP. No more words needed, it’s a must try! Even for the non-pumpkin lovers out there 🙂
Here’s the photo I first used in this post when writing it up (see how my photography has improved haha)
- 1 8 oz. container of cool whip
- 1 cup pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 1 box of vanilla pudding mix (can use SF)
- 1 T cinnamon
- Optional: more sweetener (sugar, stevia, agave..) & Vanilla Extract if desired!
- Put cool whip in a bowl and beat with electric mixer till whipped.
- Place all other ingredients in the bowl, and mix with an electric beater till thoroughly combined! Serve with apple slices, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or even my homemade cinnamon sugar pita chips! (recipe below)
Now on to the homemade pita chips, which is obviously the best way to enjoy this heavenly dip. They’re almost as simple as the dip!
- 1 pack of Tortillas (can use regular or low carb)
- Coconut Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tortilla into desired wedge size.
- Spray with coconut oil, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until crispy, flipping halfway through.
Only other direction left..GOBBLE UP. All of it! Maybe even just eat some dip with a spoon? (not saying that’s what I do or anthing..) However you choose to enjoy it, enjoy it to the fullest, and feel happy and healthy as you have just made something that is not only delicious, but actually very healthy compared to the normal dessert!
P.S. Pumpkin IS a superfood 🙂