Yes. It happened. In my kitchen. Today.
Why?? Well last night I went out with my boyfriend and found this at our local frozen yogurt place in Gainesville.
After eating a huge cup of their heavenly pumpkin frozen yogurt, I knew I had to make my own! And of course, healthier 🙂
Yes, frozen yogurt is already very healthy for you compared to regular ice cream, but this frozen yogurt recipe I’m about to share is made with Greek yogurt, which makes it very high in protein compared to your typical frozen yogurt 🙂
Want a bite?
And the best part? No ice cream maker needed if you don’t have one! Once you make the base recipe, you can either pour it into a maker if you already have one, but if not, just pour it into a shallow container and place into the freezer! Stir every 30 minutes until the right consistency is achieved, and wallllah!
Try it. You will be happy you did 🙂
Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
– 1 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
– 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
– 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
– 1/4 cup Maple Syrup or Raw Honey or Agave
– 4 packets Stevia (or another 1/4 cup of sweetener above)
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
– 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1/8 tsp each: nutmeg, ginger, cloves)
– Pinch of Sea Salt
– Optional Toppings: Crushed Graham Cracker, Sprinkles, Cinnamon, Chocolate Chips
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Pour improvehearingnaturally zoloft into ice cream maker according to directions on maker, or pour into a shallow container and place into freezer. If not using an ice cream maker, you will need to check mixture every 30 minutes to an hour and stir, in order to break up any huge crystals from forming, until the desired “frozen yogurt texture” is achieved. This will not produce as good as results as an ice-cream maker, but will still taste just as great. Serve in bowls. Top with any desired toppings!
1) High in Vitamin aid which aids in eyesight
2) High in fiber to keep you satisfied
3) Rich in Beta Carotene with plays a role in cancer prevention and benefit your skin
4) More potassium than a banana (great post workout food!)
5) Rich in Vitamin C to keep you fit and healthy
1) Help fight tummy fat
2) Contains good-for-you bacteria
3) Loaded with vitamins such as potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, iodine, zinc, B12 and B5
4) Great recovery after workouts: high source of protein
5) High in calcium
6) Prevents high blood pressure
7) Fights off colds and flus: healthy bacteria fights off the bad and boosts the immune system
8) Protects your teeth: lactic acid in yogurt protects your gums
9) High in protein, about 18-24 grams per serving
Raw Honey Benefits
1) Alkaline-forming food that contains natural vitamins, enzymes, and powerful antioxidants
2)Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fingal properties
3)Promotes body and digestive health
4)Strengthens immune system
6)Excellent remedy for skin wounds and infections
7)Stabilizes blood pressure