No chocolate, OR peanut butter?! You may be asking yourself what kind of smoothie is this. I know, usually any shake I make HAS to have one or the other..
But guess what, no chocolate or peanut butter, and still extremely yummy! I had frozen strawberries I wanted to use, and decided I hadn’t had shortcake in awhile :p
This tasted amazing after a nice weight workout at my gym on campus. I got in lots of good leg work and even some arms:) And of course right after, I knew what I wanted..a smoothie in a bowl. Yes, I love making my shakes so thick that you can eat them with a spoon. So much more enjoyable.
It is SO important to refuel right after a workout, within 30 minutes. You are constantly breaking down muscle as you workout, and until you refuel with some good protein and carbs, your body won’t stop breaking those muscle fibers..So the quicker you get that fuel in, the better recovery you will have!
You may ask, strawberry shortcake, as a smoothie?! How?! Well, that’s exactly what I’m about to tell you!
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I used TryAboutTime --> code fff1 on their site gives you 25% off!)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ cup Cottage Cheese (or Greek yogurt but cottage cheese makes a delicious flavor!)
- ¼ cup Oats
- 5 big frozen Strawberries
- ½ tsp each: Cinnamon,Butter Extract, Vanilla Extract, Psyllium Husks (or guar gum/xanthan gum-it's for thickness!)
- Optional: 1 or 2 tbsp honey or stevia to taste, any toppings you desire (coconut, chocolate, fruit, ect)
- Blend altogether in a blender, pour into jar (or even a bowl and eat with a spoon!).