As seasons change and temperatures fall, some habits you’ve formed over summer are hard to keep. You may not be sweating like you were in the summer, but that doesn’t mean your body still doesn’t need the hydration! So let’s hold onto healthy summer routines like staying hydrated year-round to keep your body looking and feeling its best! Is it just me that seems to find it MUCH easier to forget to drink water when it gets cold outside? Sometimes I get to the end of my day feeling like a dried up sponge…
But a cold Florida girl sponge that bundles up in 65 degrees..
and that likes to avoid the cold at all costs..
Ok ok sorry I’m done with my reminiscing of my spongebob loving days. But seriously, it is VERY TOUGH to keep hydrated as it gets cold. I just never feel the desire to drink! (unless it’s hot chocolate or coffee..) Do you feel like it too?! So I’m just going to include a couple tips and recipes to keep you hydrated this fall and winter!
- Keep warm by making a hot breakfast, but drink a large glass of water on the side
- like one of my delicious oatmeal recipes found in the !
- Sometimes you just “don’t feel like drinking water, right? Well that’s when you turn to a healthy alternative that cleanses and purifies better than water alone.
- Ocean Spray was so nice to let me try out their new product called PACt® cranberry extract water that contains PACs, or proanthocyanidins unique, powerful elements found deep inside cranberries, to help cleanse and purify! It is SO yummy y’all, and I wouldn’t write anything on here that isn’t a true thought of mine. (you can learn more about it )
- Carry a bottle around with you EVERYWHERE
- whether that be a water bottle or a bottle of that delicious Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water, you will be MUCH more likely to keep hydrated when having the option at all times. Your body will thank you!
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies that have high water content
- Watermelon, strawberries, oranges, grapefruits and cantaloupe
- Celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, and broccoli
- Before eating anything, drink a glass of water (or Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water)
- Gage your hydration status based on your pee
- If it isn’t light..CHUG!
- After exercising for long periods, hydrate hydrate hydrate!
- Two cups of water or an equivalent beverage for every pound of water you lose from exercise they used to tell me as a runner
- Make refreshing yet hydrating smoothies for breakfast or after your workout! OR one of my delicious shakes for dessert!
- And for coffee lovers like myself: for every cup of coffee you drink, drink 2 glasses of water!
- Lastly, be careful with your alcohol consumption! Alcohol is VERY dehydrating, and I know during the holidays it can be easy to drink more than you normally do!
- I won’t tell Santa on you if you have a glass or wine or two, everything in moderation. Just hydrate between!
Now questions for YOU!
- What is YOUR favorite part of the cold weather??
- Are you a baby like me?
- Are you going to try this yummy Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water?
- I gave you a #tbt of my favorite childhood show..what was yours?!
Until next time,
xo Sarah Grace