Have you ever tried apple butter or pumpkin butter?? If not, you are missing out.
The only thing is, the apple butter I fell in love with as a kid is full of sugar…not something I would want to be consuming on a daily basis. I loved putting spoonfuls on my toast when I was younger, but the store bought stuff is certainly not an everyday toast spread for one wanting to live healthy or watch their calories. And that is why I knew I had to make my own.
When going to make one of the butters though, I couldn’t decide which to make! And that is why I decided to combine BOTH of these delicious fall flavors into ONE jar. Yes, I decided to make pumpkin apple butter 🙂 That is why I decided to make my own. And I thought what better way to do it than in a crock pot?? Pumpkin and apple butter are always usually cooked on the stove. But slow cooking in the crock pot just seemed like a great idea. And it turned out to be just that.
Spread on toast, put on top of yogurt or oatmeal, or eat as a delicious dip, this pumpkin apple butter is one that you will be glad you have on hand.
1)Reduces tooth decay by lowering levels of bacteria
2)Keeps Alzheimer’s away and fights aging effects on brain
3) Curbs Cancer because of flavonol richness
4)Decreases risk of diabetes (due to soluble fiber amount)
6) High in fiber keeps digestive tract optimal
7)Neutralize Irritable Bowel Syndrome (high fiber content)
8) Detoxes Liver
9) Boosts immune system
1) High in Vitamin aid which aids in eyesight
2) High in fiber to keep you satisfied
3) Rich in Beta Carotene with plays a role in cancer prevention and benefit your skin
4) More potassium than a banana (great post workout food!)
5) Rich in Vitamin C to keep you fit and healthy
Serves: 16 (2 tbsp)
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree (one pie pumpkin, cooked and blended)
- 1 Apple, sliced thin
- ½ cup Pure Apple Juice or Coconut Water
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Baking Stevia
- 1T Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon each: Nutmeg, Ginger, Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Add all ingredients in crock pot, and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover crock pot, and turn crock pot on low.
- Allow to slow cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- Turn crock pot off. Allow to cool.
- Place crock pot contents into high speed blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to 16oz jar, and keep refrigerated.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before using.