My avocado tree is full! And you know what that means..
Well, yes, that I have lots of avocados..
But also that I’ll be making unlimited amounts of guacamole!
(and maybe some of my healthy avocado dip..and my avocado pesto stuffed chicken..and ooo my chocolate avocado fudge cups)
But let’s get back on topic..
I LOVE fresh, homemade guacamole.. what about you?!
It just tastes SO MUCH BETTER than the store bought stuff. Well, when you know the right formula 🙂
it’s all about the seasonings and mix ins.
Which I just happen to have the perfect recipe of. Trust me..I’ve made this one too many times before creating only the best for you all.
And it just so happens Recipe Redux’s theme this month was:
“After the hustle and bustle of the holiday/vacation season, August is the time many families get back to routine. Show us your favorite recipe to help families get back to the dinner table. It might be a favorite family recipe from your childhood that youve ReDuxed; or maybe its your familys current favorite. Lets all gather back at the table!”
Now I think this meant more of like a casserole dish or meal..but I must say, my sister and brother just came over to visit..and THIS is what they got excited over. So..
without further ado (or however you spell it..) and without boring you more with all my typical life speels..
Homemade Guac everyone!
Until next time,
What storebought recipe do YOU like to make homemade?!
What is YOUR favorite way to use avocados?! (on toast with eggs is a close second to this guac for me!)
xo, Sarah Grace
- 1 large Florida Avocado, mashed but chunky (or 2 of the small haas kind)
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Dried Cilantro (could use fresh- about 3 tablespoons, but didn't have any!)
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Salt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- *Use additional salt to taste
- Mash up avocado in bowl.
- Chop onion and tomato, add to bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to bowl and stir until all ingredients evenly dispersed.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- *Tip! Save pit of avocado and put in bowl with leftover guacamole; prevents from turning brown as quick!